The question of, “How can I, as a parent, support my child’s learning at home?” comes up frequently. The answer is both simple and complex; the simple answer is acting interested in their learning and providing them with opportunities to learn. The complex part is, well, doing that. I believe that communication is the key to supporting learning in any environment. When effective communication happens regarding a child’s learning, amazing things happen. Communicating with the learner is crucial as a teacher, parent, or activity leader. Communication between the parties involved is also vital. Parent-teacher communication is important because parents have key insights into a child’s learning experience and are the child’s experts. Furthermore, when parents are aware of the teacher’s strategies and the content being used in class, they can use it to stimulate learning at home. As far as resources to use, the options are limitless, I have made a few lists and reviews for reading resources and math resources, as well as a quiz website.

Thanks for checking this out, it is going to be a great year!!