I am writing this post as a comment to Leona Ngan’s Multimedia and Interactive Learning- Blog 1. First of all, wow! Leona, you are a very talented writer. I could not help but see evidence that you are an experienced blogger due to the quality of your post. Your embedded pictures created an aesthetically appealing presentation, and your hyperlinks lead me to high-quality explanations and examples of the topics you covered. My new thinking after reading your post (other than a desire to improve my blogging skills) is that games can be a great boon to learning when done right. I have never enjoyed  Photo by Kelly Sikkema on UnsplashWilliam Shakespeare’s writing, but even I was intrigued and genuinely excited by the Breakout EDU puzzle that you described. I look forward to exploring Breakout EDU as an educational tool for use when I am teaching. I agree with your assessment of Rich’s Son’s experience with Pandemic 2 being an example of multimedia learning because you provided substantial evidence to support your position by citing  The Cambridge Handbook of Multimedia Learning. I am wondering if you have ever read the Language and Education article “Elementary students, meaning-making of graphic novels” by Dr. Sylvia Panteleo? Because it provides support for multimedia learning and provides examples of topics covered in The Cambridge Handbook of Multimedia Learning. I notice that our thinking differs in the way that I have absolutely no doubt that you will be an excellent student in an online format because I have had the pleasure of taking 12 classes with you in the past year. I have witnessed the extent to which you apply yourself in your studies. A connection I made between your work and my own experiences was when you explained how much you enjoyed collaborating with your peers because working with my fellow learners has been my favorite part of my education journey to this point. Overall, I feel I have a deeper understanding of the material covered in our assigned writing after reading your blog, and I look forward to exploring your work in the future.

Common Sense Education. (2018). Breakout EDU. https://www.commonsense.org/education/website/breakout-edu

Mayer, R. (2014). Introduction to Multimedia Learning. In R. Mayer (Ed.), The Cambridge Handbook of Multimedia Learning (Cambridge Handbooks in Psychology, pp. 1-24). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. DOI:10.1017/CBO9781139547369.002

Sylvia Pantaleo (2018) Elementary students’ meaning-making of graphic novels, Language and Education, 32:3, 242-256, DOI: 10.1080/09500782.2018.1434788